Image Map

Friday, January 23, 2015

Mixed Berries + Banana Smoothie Recipe

I have been wanting to jump into making smoothies for a long time now, and here is my first attempt! I learned a little bit and this tasted really, really good. Slightly Earthy, but in time I am sure these will only get better. I am trying to incorporate as many fresh ingredients into my days as possible. 
INGREDIENTS for about 2 smoothies:
1 Cup Ice - (blend this in the blender before adding fruits and spinach)
1/3 pint blueberries
1/3 C. raspberries
2 bananas - cut into pieces
A small hand full of spinach, chopped or ripped into small pieces
1/4 - 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice (or any juice you have on hand)
HOW TO:
Crush ice in blender. Add fruits and spinach, and blend for about 30 seconds, or until completely combined. If you want a thinner smoothie, just add more juice. 
This smoothie was very tasty. You get a nice taste of each of the ingredients, without tasting the spinach too much :) I am sure you could use frozen fruit as well. 
I hope you enjoy these, they kept me more full than expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment