Image Map

Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Best Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies Recipe (With Coconut Oil)

Yum! I absolutely LOVE these cookies. The recipe (found here) originally called for shortening, and I used coconut oil. 12 minutes at 350° was just perfect. 


Here's 1/2 Cup melted organic butter + 1/2 Cup Organic Coconut Oil at room temp. 

Here's my batter before adding the eggs and dry ingredients. 

Here's the batter with all the ingredients in it. 

I found that my 1 Tbsp. silicone measuring spoon (similar ones here) is perfect for scooping and shaping this dough! 



You can (optionally) press the dough down with a fork in a criss cross pattern, and sprinkle sugar on top. The cookies will spread a bit more if you do this step. 

After baking for 12 minutes at 350, they should look golden brown like this! If you make these cookies and enjoy them, please comment below. Thanks! 

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try these!! They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sandra! They are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were amazing! I was a bit hesitant at first because when I tasted the dough, before baking them, I tasted A LOT of coconut oil. However, after they came out of the oven, they were perfect. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. =D

    ReplyDelete