Image Map

Monday, February 2, 2015

Strawberry Muffins with Pink Icing

I wanted to make something with strawberries for Valentine's Day and here they are! The muffins don't need the icing, but it sure made them cute. I used mini muffin tins, and they were perfectly bite sized. These muffins were very moist, so make sure you cook them thoroughly. 

STRAWBERRY MUFFINS FROM SCRATCH 
2 C. all purpose flour

1/3 C. sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 C. milk
1/4 C. vanilla yogurt
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1 1/2 C. fresh strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
******

Mix all ingredients except for strawberries. 
Here is my muffin batter before I added the strawberries and sugar. 
Below, I pureed the strawberries and added them to my batter. I also added 2 drops of food coloring to enhance the pink color for the photos :)
Bake the mini muffins for 15-18. Now, make your icing. 
I made a simple icing in my food processor. Add all ingredients, and process until combined. Scrape sides to incorporate any extra ingredients. Pour into smaller bowl to spoon onto muffins. 
ICING INGREDIENTS -  Original Recipe
1 Tbsp Butter - 1 C. Powdered Sugar - 1-2 Tbsp milk - 1/4 tsp vanilla - 2 tsp. fruit - Food Coloring
Thanks for stopping by! These were even great the next day. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment